Behaviour Support Officer
We currently have a new position of Behaviour Support Officer to join our marvellous team to work on a full-time basis, due to an increase in level of need and successful grant funding.
The role also includes lunchtime duty and will involve working both in the hall supervising and assisting our children with their lunch and also supporting the children outside on the playground with their creative activities. It requires a degree of manual labour when cleaning and moving the dining furniture.
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: 31 August 2021 (in the first instance)
Contact Type: Fixed Term temporary
Hours: 35 hours per week (8:30am – 4:00pm 5 days)
Job Type: Term Time only
Scale: Grade 8 Scale 18 – 23 (£24,982 - £27,741 pro rata)
Report to: Headteacher
The Behaviour Support Officer will provide a complementary service to our Pastoral Support Officer, Inclusion Team, teachers and support staff in addressing the needs of children who require assistance in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential or to access the curriculum. Please see the attached Job Description for full information.
For all the roles we are advertising, we can offer you:
• A very supportive team of staff, parents, Governors and members of the wider RAF Benson Community
• A lovely school and working environment
• Excellent continuing professional development opportunities
• Children who enjoy coming to school with a real love for learning
• A unique and exciting teaching location
We are looking for someone who will be:
• An inspiring and motivated adult and role model for all our pupils
• Passionate about high standards and children's progress
• Able to use their knowledge of the children to plan innovative and exciting learning opportunities
• Enthusiastic, energetic and fun!
• Able to develop positive relationships with staff, children and parents and exhibit excellent interpersonal and team working skills
• Committed to the well-being of the children and the staff team
We take safeguarding the welfare of our children very seriously and a clear DBS and relevant safe recruitment checks will be made ahead of appointment.
If you are interested in this post, please apply by completing the application form (CVs are not accepted) and email to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 (noon) Monday 4th January 2021 with an interview to be arranged at a convenient date and time.