Our School Council is an incredibly useful team of children who help the leadership team run the school. They have made decisions such like:
- Naming the all the classes after helicopters from the smallest (Squirrel for Reception class) to the largest (Chinook for the Year 6 class)
- Changing detention to after school for 10 minutes for KS2 children as they felt children would care more if they had to do this in their own time
- Selecting and designing the playground with professionals from Sovereign PLC
- Creating the new school dinner menu
- Deciding which charity to support
- Selecting play equipment to purchase using money from the PTA
School Councillors also help out on special occasions such as interviews for new members of staff and visits to events being held at the Station e.g. attending the stepping down of the Merlin Standard ceremony, Station Remembrance Parade and other events. Photographs of School Council activities can be found on the pages below.
Our School Councillors are great ambassadors of our school and they do a fabulous job!
This year, Councillor Ros Lester can to speak to the school about being a councillor and about the decisions councillors make in the best interests of the people.
Following this, all children used our School Council voting booth to vote for the nominated candidates they wished to have represent their class. The vote was very close in all classes and some even had to have a second vote to get an overall Councillor!
Here are our School Councillors for this year.