We were inspected by Ofsted in October 2012 and moved from a satisfactory school to a good school. We are thrilled with the result which shows the efforts of a hard working and enthusiastic staff team, fantastic pupils and wonderful community.
To meet our aspiration of becoming outstanding outstanding we have to work on the following:
- Increase the rate at which boys, especially the more able, make progress in writing in Years 3 and 4 by:
- ensuring they write clearly in a variety of styles for different audiences
- ensuring they produce more lengthy pieces of writing
- ensuring their well-developed spoken language skills are fully used to improve the quality of their writing.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning so that more is outstanding by:
- ensuring pupils, especially the more able, are given more demanding and open-ended tasks in
- lessons to allow them to explore, investigate and learn for themselves
- ensuring marking by all teachers, especially of writing, regularly tells pupils how to move on in their learning
- strengthening the use of teaching assistants, especially at the beginning of lessons, so that they have the opportunity to constantly support pupils’ learning
- increasing the involvement of senior leaders in observing teaching and learning in lessons so that they provide even more effective advice to teachers on how to improve and share ideas that would help teachers deliver lessons where learning is outstanding
You can find a copy of the full report by clicking here.